This time I’ve made a new Windows Application for you, Hope you will like it…. I was just thinking about it…How can I make my own SpreadSheet like application…and today its over….. with the name TextSheet... Please give me a feedback for my Windows Application.
You can download TextSheet from my Github repository – Depthgr8
I am waiting for your nice feedback…
You can also show your support at http://www.facebook.com/textsheet
Yesterday, I was thinking about some basic requisites to improve my designing skills, and I believe I’ve done quite good analysis and I’d like to share it with you, I believe this will help you to learn basic skills of designing, whether you want to make a poster for an event, or you are just making a design template for your WordPress blog.
I’ll start everthing with this example -
(+)ve points for
(-)ve points for
- Lacking a message
- unattractive item list
- No border design
- Logo: The logo is the first thing that makes an impact on visitor, and it should be meaningful as it contains a meaning here, The logo I’ve added here belongs to a sweet shop and thus the outer circle of logo resembles analogy with a plate with some sweets on it say ‘Kaju Katli’. on other hand this forms a ‘K’ that is the initial letter of Kanha sweets, thus makes it all meaningful here.
- The heading Kanha is short and easy for pronunciation, styled with a non sans-serif font type with 3-d texting with a reflection of logo in its background. The company name is the primary thing that matters most to a customer thus it is perfect here to make a good impact on customers.
- Items are separated with | separator and styled with sans-serif font thus makes it simple and sober.
- The Image design doesn’t contains a message or slogan like “Great Taste Comes Alive“, and it would be really better if it is styled in a script type font.
- Item list below the heading is small in size and it is unclear too, and lacks items( contains only 2 items)
- The design can be updated with two borders(left and right) with asymmetrical design, It would be better to have a textured border with shapes of bubbles or leaves with an appropriate margin.
Anyways It is a brilliant design and In my opinion I will rate it 9/10, but It can be improved.
A friend of mine suggested me to write this post, He was facing some problems while downloading my free and open source stuff. Here I am posting some screenshots(~ 2.5 MB) you can also download these images.
Scroll downward there you will see the first box widget
Scroll one more time
You can now see the Download files widget
You can now see the second box widget – Click on your category
Click on that file which suits your desire
Save the file from Save File dialog window
Download in Progress
You’ve successfully downloaded your file
If you want to make free and Open source websites, I’ll recommend to use Ruby on Rails instead of PHP. Get ready to use Ruby(2.0.0) as your Programming language and Rails(4.0) as your web framework.
It will be good to have:
- Linux as an Operating system ( Open source)
- Virtual Box and WINe installed on it.
- Install Git, Git-core ( For version control)
How to make it right:
- After installing linux, you’ll need to make your OS able to do all development stuff
- Install Ruby from source code (Download source code from ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/2.0/ruby-2.0.0-p247.tar.gz), Don’t go for RVM, If you are facing problems through Ruby Version Manager.
- Install Rubygems from its website ( http://production.cf.rubygems.org/rubygems/rubygems-2.0.6.tgz ) and compile it from its source code.
- Install rails using Rubygems.
- Enjoy Ruby on rails
Commands that will make it fine:
- sudo su
- “Then enter your root password”
- apt-get clean
- apt-get autoclean
- apt-get autoremove
- sudo su
- “Then enter your root password again”
- apt-get update
- apt-get upgrade
- apt-get dist-upgrade
- sudo su
- “Then enter your root password again”
- apt-get bison
- apt-get wget
- apt-get curl
- apt-get git-core
- Unzip ruby source code ( I’ve provided you its file path above) using tar -xzvf package-name.tgz
- see if there is any configure file using ls -a command, use ./configure
- then use make
- then use make install
- Repeat above 4 steps for rubygems also ( unzip, configure then install)
- use gem install rails
- Congrats You’re done….. enjoy coding with Ruby on Rails
If you are facing problems then I’ll recommend you to visit this page http://depthgr8.wordpress.com/2013/07/30/wanna-work-with-ruby-rails/ – Don’t give up – Try try again
So, You want to work with Ruby on Rails, Wanna Develop Fast, Dynamic and Secure Websites with Rails Framework.
Here I would like to share my personal experience with you, I believe this post would really become useful to newbies in Linux and Ruby on Rails.
First point I want to share is :
1). Don’t give up : Installing Linux as a platform, and Ruby language with Rails as a framework is not gonna be very easy, specially If you’ve never been in Linux and if you have less exposure to command line interface. It will definitely take some extra time to learn a new language type like Ruby, if you are familiar with only C/C++/C# like languages.
2). My Experience :
It took 3 days of mine for Installing Linux (Ubuntu)
- 1st Day : Installed Ubuntu 11 – It showed me that they don’t support this version anymore.
- 2nd Day : Tried to install Ubuntu 12.04 LTS through WUBI – Didn’t worked, Wasted my time to make my Pendrive bootable
- 3rd Day : Burned .iso image in a DVD and Formatted my Windows 8, and Installed Linux.
It took 2 more days of mine to install Virtual Box, WINe, and other software.
- 1st Day : Updated , Upgraded( plain and distribution upgrade)
- 2nd Day : It took my whole day to install Virtual Box and other assets like google chrome( Yes it was very tiring and irritating but I never gave up).
6 days – Seems like, I was really being crazy over Ruby on Rails. It took 5 days for whole process.
- 1st Day : Tried to install it from software center – Failed
- 2nd Day : Cleaned up and removed all broken packages because of previous unsuccessful installation
- 3rd Day : Updated, and Upgraded my OS again with necessary requirements like curl, bison, wget etc.
- 4th Day : Tried whole day to install RVM (Ruby Version manager) – Failed
- 5 Day : Installed Ruby 2.0.0 from source code, Learned How to install via source code and how to extract .tar.gz file
- 6th Day : Installed ruby gems and Installed Rails and other gems.
So this was my timeline – A real life experience of a Linux newbie
3). Never, never and Never Give up – I can’t define how irritating and boring was my experience, but now I am loving Linux and RoR.
If you want to install Ruby on Rails read my next post about it, You will definitely save some of your precious time, learning from my prior experiences.
If you want to use graphics in your haskell script file with minimal coding you should take care of a few important points
- Install Haskell platform as your IDE, Don’t use WinHugs like light applications.
- After installing haskell platform Install the GLUT packages from WinHugs and Paste them in your GHCI folder C:\Program Files\Haskell Platform
- Don’t go for minimal installation.
- To draw a line you have to use Lines function, To draw just points Use Points function.
- Use 0,0 for center pixel position.
For more information on this topic watch my Video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcDGbIvIl9w …. Keep watching….Stay connected
We are all familiar with the Tic-Tac-Toe game, well i see this as a nice game to do time pass but why waste papers to play this game because we know the game mainly ends in a DRAW.
Here i have a idea …. Can we play this game on our personal computers….. like we play Chess on it.
Be Eco-friendly… And play with your opponent now. This game is now just a console application a Window version (GUI) will be available soon.
You can download its program named as TiTaTo.C or TiTaTo.EXE file and run it on your command prompt to take a look, Any bug reporting will be appreciated …Thanks….